Join Wasatch Contemporary Dance Company members as they perform in the Wasatch Mountains on August 31!
WCDC seeks advanced dancers ages 14-18 years to perform with Wasatch Contemporary Dance Company members in summer fundraising gala event on August 31.
Selected dancers will receive:
- professional audition feedback
- network opportunities with local professionals
- experience rehearsing in a company setting
- opportunity to learn from local dance professionals about work ethic, rehearsal etiquette, creative process, collaboration, and more
- collaboration with dance professionals to help create an original work, guided by company directors
- preview of career options available in the dance industry
- valuable experience for your dance resume before even graduating from high school
- performance experience alongside professional company members
- professional photos and video of the performance for use in student’s portfolio
- entry for the student plus 2 additional guests to WCDC’s fundraising event/dinner at Conrad Ranch in Provo Canyon
Audition: June 26, 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM
SMASH Dance Academy, 188 W 5200 N, Provo UT
In order to be considered, please fill out the audition form, pay the $15.75 audition fee, and attend the in-person audition on June 26, 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM at SMASH Dance Academy (188 W 5200 N Provo UT). Audition will consist of a ballet warm up, contemporary dance combos, and guided improvisation. Please arrive 20-30 minutes early to get your audition number. Parents are allowed to stay in the building, but will not be permitted in the audition studio. Please pick up students no later than 12:35 PM if not remaining on site. Face masks are welcome but not required.
What if your student will be out of town on June 26? Email email@example.com by June 19 to receive video audition guidelines.
Audition: June 26, 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM at SMASH Dance Academy
Selected dancers will need to commit to the following:
- Rehearsal on Saturday, Aug 21 from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM at SMASH Dance Academy
- Rehearsal on Saturday, Aug 28 from 9:00 – 11:00 AM at SMASH Dance Academy
- Performance on Tuesday, August 31 with call time at 5:30 PM at Conrad Ranch in Provo Canyon (event begins at 6:30 and will conclude at 9:00 PM)
Selected dancers will be notified by July 2. The cost of the program for selected dancers is $100 which includes: 6 hours of one on one rehearsal time with company members and directors, performance of one original work with professional company members, 2 tickets to the fundraising event on Aug 31, which includes dinner (student doesn’t need a ticket for the event, these 2 tickets can be used by friends and family of the student). Costumes will be provided by WCDC with no costume fee for the participants.
Scholarship opportunities are available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!