June 7-10, 2023 in Provo and Orem UT
Movers and Makers is a 4-day professional dance and choreography intensive that will hone your craft whether you are a contemporary dancer or choreographer. Tracks designed for both performers and choreographers will culminate in an evening performance on June 10 showcasing the works created throughout the intensive.
This workshop will also serve as auditions for WCDC’s 14th season, August 2023-June 2024. Dancers who wish to audition but will not be attending the entire workshop will have the chance to join the mandatory audition portion of the intensive on June 10 from 8 AM to 12 PM. Click here to read about company pay and commitments.
The choreographer and performer applications will open January 9. Please get on our email newsletter to receive reminders about the event.
- Dancer Applications: Open from January 9-May 24, 2023 (with early bird pricing until March 31)
- Choreographer Applications: Open from January 9-March 31, 2023
- Sign up for single classes (if space still available): May 29-June 5, 2023
- Audition Registrations: Sign up (from May 24-June 5, 2023) for the mandatory audition portion on June 10 from 8 AM – 12 PM if you would like to audition but will not be attending the entire workshop
Classes and Opportunities
- Ballet Technique
- Contemporary Technique
- African Dance
- Commercial Jazz
- Musical Theater
- Urban Contemporary Fusion
- WCDC Repertoire
- Daily rehearsals with an emerging choreographer
- Performance on June 4
- Opportunity to audition for WCDC and Wasatch II for 2022-2023 season
- Composition Tools
- Contact Improvisation
- Unique Spaces, Places and Props
- How to Work with your Composer
- Dance & Film
- Lighting for Dance
- Studio space for rehearsal prep
- 12 hours of rehearsal time with a cast size of your choice to prepare for June 10 performance
- Access to WCDC costume closet for costuming
- One on one mentor time with a professional
- Chance to win a cash honorarium of $600 and restage work on WCDC during the regular season
Application fee: $15 (Application fee applies toward total tuition if accepted)
Choreographer Tuition: $280
Early Bird Dancer Tuition (apply by March 31, pay by April 7): $280
Regular Dancer Tuition (April 1-May 24): $320
This intensive does not include residency. For participants coming from out of state, there are several hotels within 5 miles of the studio (Smash Dance Academy). Once selected, participants can opt to join a private Facebook group where attendees can discuss housing arrangements and carpooling with each other. There are also many affordable Airbnb rentals in the area.
Application fees are nonrefundable. Tuition refunds can only be made until March 31 (minus a $30 nonrefundable portion). If the event is cancelled and cannot be rescheduled, participants will receive their full refundable portion.